Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 August 2018

What's For Dinner

I've said this before-I'm a sucker for potatoes. They're seriously my all time favourite food, in all forms. I know I shouldn't eat them because, well, starch. They're definitely not ideal for someone trying to keep inflammation down. But they're my comfort food so I have to make it work for me. So I wanted to share how I do that!


First of all I try (and I emphasize the word "try") to limit them all together. But when I do eat them, I like to prepare them in a way that gives me the leave negatives and the most benefits.


First of all, I cook them in the instant pot. Cooking them this way turns them into resistant starch (the good starch that is easier for the body to digest). I keep the skins on for some yummy prebiotic goodness, and I add some good fats like grass fed butter and avocado oil. I like to add bone broth and3or homemade coconut milk as well. And I ALWAYS add some raw garlic for more prebiotics, and some shredded cauliflower to get in some hidden veggies. This way I can feel a little less guilty about eating my favourite food.


The whole family has been enjoying shepherd's pie lately, and we're eating it again tonight! It's such a quick and easy meal (which I also love). Throw those perfectly prepared potatoes on top of some grass fed ground beef, add a little (or a lot) grass fed cheese and bake! Oh my word, so good!! Tonight we are pairing this with roasted broccoli, yum!!




I also made this yummy soup the other day using those yummy potatoes. I sautéed some garlic and avocado oil in the IP for a couple of minutes then threw in some potato chunks and cauliflower and sautéed a couple of minutes more. Then I put chicken bone broth in and coconut cream, put in some salt and pepper and turned it on pressure cook for 12 minutes. Once it was done I stuck in my hand emulsifier and creamed that soup until there were no more chunks. This was the best soup ever! We ate it with this grain free pizza crust https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-pizza-crust-grain-free-dairy-free/  topped with grass fed butter and garlic. Of course we topped our soup with grass fed cheese because, well, why not??!! I think this soup would be amazing with broccoli in it as well!



What is your favourite paleo dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment