Search This Blog

Sunday 1 April 2018

Keeping it Real

When I first started this blog I promised I'd be sharing the good, and the bad. I sometimes worry that I'm inaccurately portraying my life as something it isn't by my posts: beautifully plated food pictures, wonderful recipes, nutrition facts, and tips.  But the reality is far from perfect. I don't want to make it seem as though this is easy for me, or that I've got it all figured out. I'm not well today, it's nearly 6:00 in the evening, I haven't fed my family, and I'm sitting in my bed blogging while the kids watch Netflix on the iPad. Like the title of my post says, I'm just keeping it real.
I haven't been well for a few days...this illness is unpredictable and presents itself in many forms and has its own schedule it seems. It doesn't wait for my work to be done to rear its head. And, on top of that, I recently started a new protocol of meds that's been hard on my mind and body. I've been so blessed with amazing people in my life that help. My husband  has been keeping the house clean, helping with the kids, and emotionally supporting me. My mom came over yesterday and did my laundry and took me to get a few things I needed. She's been stopping by with groceries, and even cooked an amazing Easter meal for all of us this afternoon and kept the kids at her place for the afternoon while I rested at home. Friends have been understanding that I've been unable to keep plans, and hold me up in prayer.
It has been a tough week and I've really been struggling. But, I'm making it through because I know I'm not alone. And, I'm learning that a big part of my healing is taking the help when it's offered and allowing myself to take time for myself. Nourishing food is so crucial to our healing. But, so is rest and taking care of yourself emotionally. As a mom, it's hard to take time for yourself without feeling guilty. But, we're no good to our family when we are sick or just plain burnt out. I'm learning that. I still need to be told to stop, or to slow down. And, I don't always listen. But, I'm trying to listen more because I'm starting to understand how important this is to my healing.
I'm trying to live one day at a time (sometimes one minute at a time) and understand that I can't do it all or be it all. I don't need to because He is. This post is quite fitting for today. Today we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. Because He defeated death on the cross, we are given new life in Him. And, because of that, I don't need to be everything because He is everything. I don't need to depend on my own strength because He is my strength. When I can't make it through, He gets me through. I'm so thankful for that. I'm so thankful I serve a God who makes a way when there seems to be no way and gives me hope for another day. So, when I'm feeling like I just can't go on anymore, He reminds me that in Him I can do all things.





No comments:

Post a Comment