Search This Blog

Friday 13 April 2018

Just Part of the Journey



It's been a rough couple of days in this house. When you have an autoimmune disease, and people in your house come down with the flu, extra precautions are taken to keep it far from you. So far it's working...
On Tuesday night I put my toddler to bed ( he still sleeps in my bed) and after he had been sleeping for a couple of hours and I headed up to bed myself, he started to cry. This was just as my head had hit the pillow and I was ready for rest. I tried to console him and then he sat up and threw up all. over. my. bed. I quickly rushed him into the bathroom to clean him up and my hubby came to help. He kept our little guy occupied while I cleaned up the mess. Then, I brought him back to bed hoping for some of that rest I mentioned earlier. But, after only a few minutes in the nice clean bed, he threw up all over again. Let's just say, it was a long night.
Wednesday, our middle child wasn't feeling well (thankfully no puking from that one). And Thursday the oldest was hit.
I've had the diffuser going non stop for the past few days. Thieves is my best friend at the moment and I've got my trusty Digize on hand at all times. I absolutely love my oils!! I'm convinced that these life savers have kept this illness from lasting longer than it could have.


Here is my little guy taking one of MANY showers over the last couple of days. He's such a trooper, the poor thing. He kept telling us he didn't want to puke anymore and he just broke my heart. But, he's thankfully right back to normal. My husband and I have been super dosing ourselves with vitamin C and are determined to not catch this bug.



My amazing husband stayed up half of the first night doing the laundry for me while I tried to rest with the toddler. So, today I finally got to the folding and putting away of the mounds before me. Mom life can be so glamorous sometimes, right??!




I'm hoping and praying that we're at the end of it all. But, I'm still pumping the house full of Thieves to purify the air, keep germs at bay, and strengthen our immunity. I've been walking around with my spray bottle of Thieves cleaner, spraying down everything in sight. We've been taking daily walks to get fresh air and eating right as always. I'm super thankful it has passed everyone so quickly and I'm convinced it is because of proper care.
I'm being extra diligent about taking care of myself right now because if mom gets sick, well, not a lot is going to get done. So far, so good. Hoping for a more restful weekend :)





No comments:

Post a Comment