Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2018

Toxin Free Mama

My journey began with a huge lifestyle change. But, I certainly didn't do it all at once. First, I started off eliminating gluten and refined sugars. That actually wasn't that hard! I relied heavily on raw honey and gluten free oats. Over time, we've adopted more of a paleo diet; we eat organic, whole food and are grain free with the occasional sprouted grain, refined sugar free, as well as dairy free except for grass fed butter and cheese (which isn't paleo, more primal because primal includes raw dairy, although what we consume isn't raw because it's not available where we live).
I've recently begun  working at eating sprouted nuts and seeds, but we're not completely there yet (I have found sprouted seeds for a reasonable price, but not nuts... but I have soaked my almonds). It can be so overwhelming! I feel like once I've tackled one thing, I learn something new and I'm at it again.
One of the things I'm currently working on switching over is our household cleaners and other household staples. I'm working on being a toxin free mama! There are so many nasty chemicals in all those household cleaners you find at the store. I've started using essential oils and I'm loving them; they are quickly replacing the conventional medicines and my "medicine cabinet" is now filled with healing oils. I've also been using an essential oil infused cleaning product that I'm absolutely loving! I love that it contains no chemicals and my kids can use it to clean the house without breathing in the toxins. And you know what that means, less cleaning for mom!!
This week I  started using a few other products as well, and I'm feeling good about my home becoming a toxin free  environment. :)







What steps are you taking to rid your home of chemicals?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I feel like once I've got one thing down, I read about aomething else I should be doing.

    But for cleaning, I use baking soda for everything. Except dishwasher and laundry. And Windex for glass, although I am trying to get away from that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! The thieves cleaner is great for glass :) Or you could try vinegar and water...

      Delete